There are countless roofing companies available, but not all are reputable and reliable in what they do. Finding a good roofing company who will work on your roof is a hard and confusing task, but it’s important you find the right one that can take on the responsibility of fixing or replacing one of the most important structures of your home.
The repair or replacement of your roof should not be taken lightly – not only because it is an expensive life purchase, but because choosing the wrong roofing company can end up costing you much more in the long-run.
An average, well-maintained roof can last between twenty and thirty years; living in the United Kingdom, we’re regularly exposed to moist environments and bad weather, which can increase the risk of moist, mould and mildew to accumulate underneath your roof. It’s true that damages to your roof can often go unnoticed until the problems are too big to repair because very few of us carry out roof maintenance.
If you’re looking for a professional roofing company who will not only fix and repair your roof but assist in its maintenance, follow these top tips below:
- Look for a company with more than ten years of experience. The more established and highly-experienced the are, the more likely they are to stick around.
- When you look at adverts for roofing companies online, you should look beyond the advert and find information such as a permanent address and contact numbers to verify the company’s legitimacy and longevity.
- Check membership associations of the company such as Better Business Bureau and the Local Chamber of Commerce. You should look at the overall rating and assessment of the company to determine its level of service and performance.
- Check for certifications and licenses of the company. These documents can confirm good training and well trained, well experienced and insured workers.
- Make sure that the company is registered to the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board and has insurance coverage for their workers. If the company can’t provide you with evidence of their insurance, avoid working with them at all costs.
- Don’t choose companies that hire subcontractors or outsource their work, as this can lead to poor work output and inconsistent results.
- Find a company with regular and registered roofers so that you’re sure every member of staff is accountable.
- Choose a company that offers written contracts and proposal. All of their terms and conditions should be documented – and you should be given a printed copy.
- Make sure that a warranty will cover your roofing project.
- Do not pay for the entire roofing project upfront. It’s common to be asked to make a deposit or down payment of up to a third of the cost, but don’t pay more than that.
- Check for company tie-ups so that you can get the best deal on materials and labour.
- Ask whether the roofing company is available to respond at any time – especially for emergency roofing problems. You never know when you may need the assistance of your roofing company – storms and freak accidents can cause immediate damage.
- Reputable and reliable companies should have good feedback and comments from their previous clients – use their website and review websites to determine this.
If you’re still looking for help finding a reputable roofing company in Yorkshire, then get in touch with the experts at Findley Roofing & Building Yorkshire.